Canadian Working Holiday Visas 2014
n.b. The working holiday visa is available for UK citizens under the age of 30 with a valid British passport.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will release 5,350 visas for 2014/15. They are released in three batches, with the first 2000 open on THURSDAY 12th DECEMBER 2013. They should come online first thing in the morning, Canadian time, so here in the UK you’ll want to start checking the website and refreshing it regularly from about 1pm. Follow the link below to get to the main page
International Experience Canada
What to do on the day
1. Register for a Kompass Account – The link on this page will activate once the visas go live
2. Fill in your details – Provide the required personal information
3. Complete Application Pages – Submit a copy of your passport (we suggest you scan email this to yourself before applying), CV and answer the immigration security questions
4. Submit – Confirm the type of visa you are applying for (IEC Working Holiday) and the start date you want.
The website does get busy, think of it like trying to buy Glastonbury tickets. There will be lots of people trying to access the registration page, so if you can’t get through at first be patient and keep trying. Once the quota has been filled you will not be able to register an account untill the next batch opens up.
What to do next
5. Receive World Tracking Number (WTN) – Your will recieve an email confirming your successful registration. Log into your Kompass account and submit your WTN.
6. Pay – The Visa costs £100. You’ll have about a week to pay this once you’ve been notified of quota availability.
7. Proceed with main visa application – Follow the instructions and complete the main application. Once you have paid your Visa has been reserved!
If you follow these steps you should be more than prepared. As another reference, have a look at the IEC step-by-step guide to ensure you have everything you need in advance of your application.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call – +44 (0) 208 789 9055