Alpine Challenge 2013
Now in its 4th year (previously known as the Everest Challenge) the all new Alpine Challenge is bigger, better and more exciting for 2013, bringing 25 teams together to compete for the Alpine Challenge trophy! Basecamp has been a supporter of the event for the past three years. It's fantastic event giving you the opportunity to cover as much of the amazing Portes du Soleil as possible, and raise money for an amazing charity.
Here's how it work:
- Your team of 4 riders must clock up 150km of GPS tracked skiing or boarding over 2 non stop days across the 15 resorts of the massive Portes du Soleil ski area
- You must all complete the 10km mountain hike during the night between these 2 days
- You must navigate your team to each of the checkpoints across the 15 ski resorts
- And, most importantly, you must hit your fundraising target for youth snowsports charity Snow-Camp, making a massive difference to inner city young people!
The team that clocks up the most km’s, successfully visits the most checkpoints and completes the mountain hike will win The Snow-Camp Alpine Challenge 2013!!
Yes, it’s a competition, and yes it’s an endurance event (otherwise why would people sponsor you?!) but as anyone who completed the Challenge in the past will tell you, it’s also great fun and a fantastic experience! With so many snowsports enthusiasts all in one exclusive hotel, and with everyone primarily out to raise funds for charity there is a really positive and supportive (as well as a little competitive!) atmosphere throughout the event!
What is included in the Alpine Challenge and what are the team fundraising targets?
Full Alpine Challenge Package
The Full Alpine Challenge Package includes all flights, transfers, hotel accommodation in Morzine, ski passes, night hike guides, GPS equipment, team bibs, meals, medals and trophies and the support of the Snow-Camp staff team.
For each team of 4 people there is a £1,000 registration fee (£250 per person)
Each team then commits to raise a minimum of £5,000 or £1,250 per team member.
(If you require superior accommodation the registration fee is £1,500 per team.)
Challenge Only Package
We always welcome teams who do not require the full package but who want to participate in the Challenge itself. Maybe you are based in Morzine or nearby, you might have your own accommodation and ski pass or wish to travel out under your own steam. No problem, register as a ‘Challenge Only’ team – this package includes full inclusion into the Challenge, night hike guides and management, GPS equipment, team bibs, medals and trophies and the support of the Snow-Camp staff team.
For each team of 4 people there is a £400 registration fee (£100 per person)
Each team then commits to raise a minimum of £2,000 or £500 per team member.
We are up for the Challenge! What next?
1. Get four friends together to make your team. (We can cater for teams of five if need be but the recommended team size is four.) You can be skiers / snowboarders or a mixture – but you must all ride together throughout the Challenge.
2. Register your team! Just fill in the short and simple Registration Form and email it to [email protected]. We have a limit of 25 team places so it’s first come first served! Snow-Camp will then get in touch to confirm your team booking on the Challenge. (If you are an individual or a couple – no problem! Get in touch and we can suggest some similar team members and put you in touch. If you all agree to go for it – enter your new team!)
3. Make your registration payment via Just Giving to confirm your teams place on the Alpine Challenge 2013. (Registration fees per team: Full package Superior Accommodation – £1,500. Full Package Standard Accommodation – £1,000 or Challenge Only Teams – £400.) To make your registration payment safely and securely please go to www.justgiving.com/snowcamp and use your team name as a reference.
4. That’s it! We will confirm your teams place on the Alpine Challenge, send you a welcome email and all the other information you need. We will also set you up a Just Giving page so you can tell everyone what you are doing and start fundraising.
We look forward to receiving your team registration forms and welcoming you onto the Alpine Challenge 2013!
Last years Challenge 2012 raised over £25,000 Read the Press Release here!